Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painting inside window jambs/sill?

Posted by susanwrites (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 13:13

I don't know if I have the terminology right or not but hopefully you can figure out what I mean. We have a single window in the bathroom. The window is framed with molding and woodblocks which has been painted the same color as the crown molding. The window sill is painted the same color as the crown.

But what do you do on the inside wall of the window? Those little strips as tall as the window and about 3-4" deep? The painter put up a first coat of the wall color in there but it just looks like stripes to me. He said it would make the molding stand out, which it does, but it also just looks like stripes with nothing connected to it. I'm thinking about having it all done in white.

Which is the norm?

Disclosure - I have a hard time with change so all these new things with the painting and house stuff take me some getting used to. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painting inside window jambs/sill?

We paint that part the same color as the molding, sills, mullions, and other trimwork. The stripes would drive me crazy! We do not paint the area where our double-hung windows slide (can't think of the term for that part) and there was a warning on our windows not to paint there. Everything else is the same color as I said.

o
RE: painting inside window jambs/sill?

I missed this, cyn. SO sorry. thank you! I thought I was crazy. I went ahead and had them all painted the same and I'm very happy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here