Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Green for Living/Kitchen/Dining Room?

Posted by karenlynn (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 12:04

I really need help with a green that will be in my Living room, kitchen/Dining area. I was planning on the same colors in each room but not for sure. The living room is large with cathedral ceiling but has some dark areas. The kitchen area gets more light.
I want something that is not bright, nor too dark. I have sampled SW Softened Green (seems a little blue & little dark), SW Recycled Glass (too bright) & Lowe's Tawny Green. Of the three, Tawny Green is better but a little yellowish. I like a little sage but not too much.
I have been reading here about all the favorite greens but when I look at them on the paint chip card I'm not sure. I was considering SW Svelte Sage, Grassland, Ancient Marble, Liveable Green, Filmy Green. Can anyone tell me if any of these look bluish, too yellow or any other color recommendations? I am trying to buy my sammples before the SW Paint sale is over this weekend. (And I still have to decide on 2 bedrooms & bath :-) Any pics your can post? Thanks for any help,

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Green for Living/Kitchen/Dining Room?

You are likely to get more responses if you post your questions on the Home Decorating forum along with some photos of your rooms.

o

Look at Ellen Kennon's Ashen Green. It's been in our kitchen/dining room for several years and we love it.

o

I posted a thread in the Home Decorating Forum with pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating Forum Thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here