Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overwhelmed with Paint choices, help!

Posted by MrsHunter (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 11:54

We are building a new construction home, 1500 square feet, 3 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms, an open living, dining, and kitchen, with vaulted ceilings. All of our wood work is a clear coat (natural) rustic alder, with oil rubbed bronze fixtures. The flooring for most of the house is an engineered wood, that is a golden maple. The bathrooms and laundry room will be tile of some sort in a brown/tan color (still haven't found the right tile yet). Our painter uses SW.

We have went to the store a couple of times to look at swatches and I'm just so overwhelmed. I thought I wanted a greyish color, but I'm now thinking a brownish grey instead (without the purpleish hue). I know lightening will play a huge role in this but obviously since this a new construction I have no idea how that will be until after...

Right now we are thinking of SW Bungalow Beige (for the whole living room, entry, dining room, and kitchen, SW Sticks and Stones (for the bedrooms), and SW White duck for laundry rooms and bathrooms, also probably use this for the ceiling.

What does GW say?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overwhelmed with Paint choices, help!

This GWer says you should try posting on the home decor forum as there are a lot more decorator types there. Also, there's a thread on "how to use design seeds" you should check out as there's a lot about inspiration and color selection.

Here is a link that might be useful: applying design seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here