Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sfmomoxo

This is awful...Is painting powder-coated aluminum the answer?

sfmomoxo
12 years ago

I need help. We're doing quite a bit of repair work on the house and now in retrospect I see that too many decisions were made independent of each other. We first put a new roof on. Having no idea what color to pick, we chose black. The roof looks great. However now that we finally picked the house color (Benjamin Moore's Texas Leather), I'm pretty sure it would have been a more cohesive look if we went with something warmer. Now the BIG I-hate-it issue.... We're getting the decks resurfaced in ipe. Gorgeous wood with lots of red and brown tones. I ordered the cable rail at the beginning of the project. My thinking was that black cable rail posts would tie in with the roof and I'm sure I had another good reason, but I just can't find it now. As this is all coming together, the incredibly expensive cable rail posts (powder coated aluminum) look way harsh. I SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH THE BRONZE. My contractor is guessing that it will be thousands to have the painter sand, prime and paint all the posts, end caps, foot rails. Can I do it myself? I'm just sick with this.

Comment (1)