Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Self leveling enamel?

Posted by cfmuehling (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 9:44

I was reading posts and came across a reference to this here.

I have probably 60 cabinets (stuff for 4 rooms) to paint and would like a last coat to be enamel for durability. Could anyone comment - pros or cons- on this and a manufacturer? None of the cabinets are permenantly attached at this point.

Hmm... I'm hoping for a satin finish on some.

TIA!
Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Self leveling enamel?

Yeah. Fine Paints of Europe is the only one I know of. Use it and I'm sure you'll be happy. Call them first for expert free advice.

o

Check out CabinetCoat.

o
RE: Self -l eveling enamel?

Whoah!
Sorry about my double-post there!

Forget you ever heard the word "Enamel". It actually means nothing relative to paint. It never did really...but it used to IMPLY Oil-based paints, since they dried to a hard film...like the "Enamel" on your teeth.
When Latexes were advertised more, guess what...the word "Enamel" was trotted out to give this newer class of paint some "cache" as well!

If you're not already done...the best choices are:
1) FPE (IF you want absolutely STUNNING results)
2) F&B
3) Insl-X's Cabinet-Coat
4) BM's Aura, or the Impervo's.
5) ACE's Cabinet, Door & Trim paint

Faron

(I STILL don't know what-the-h*ll that george.roberts post was about...besides SPAM that is!!)

o

Hmm.
Confusing to me.
I guess I know less than I feared I knew.
What's FPE?
F&B.

The one one I recognize is BM as Benjamin Moore..(?) and Ace.

Thanks, though. If someone might translate, I'm ready to get started!
Christine

o

FPE = Fine Paints of Europe
F&B = Farrow and Ball

o

Got'cha.
I have a final coat to go on the kitchen cabinets. I'm interested in this FPE stuff.
I still have 4 sets of cabinets/built-ins to go and am going to feel comfortable that I'm doing the best.

Thanks for your time,
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here