Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Xpost What grey to use?

Posted by debrak_2008 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 9:27

I also posted on Home decor. I am confused due to so many greys and not sure if it should be a cool grey or a warm grey.

We want to paint our kitchen grey but no sure what kind of grey.
We will paint before the cabinets or floor is installed. The cabinets are cherry in a bordeaux stain. Looks purplish red sometimes. The floor is maple in a cinnamon stain that matches the woodwork. I don't think the granite will be decided before painting but will be either steel grey or black pearl.

All the greys I've seen have an undertone to them. The "blue" greys look better with the steel grey. The "taupe" greys look good with the cabinets. Then there's a little green in the black pearl if we choose that.

So I'm confused. What do I match to? How much do I have to consider the granite color?

The cabinets are the SG granite seem to change color depending on the light and what is near. All appliances are black but may consider SS in the future.

TIA

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Xpost What grey to use?

Since your cabinets are a warm cherry, I would think a warm grey would be better than a cool grey. Warm greys include such colors as BM Revere Pewter, Edgecomb Grey and Hot Spring Stones. Good luck.

o
RE: Xpost What grey to use?

Thank you mom270. I looked up the colors and like the revere pewter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here