Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Washing a wall with unknown paint?

sooz
11 years ago

I'm helping out a friend's adult daughter with a "moving in" situation. She recently moved into a roommate situation and the walls in her private bedroom are a bit dirty. It looks like flat paint, rather than semi gloss but I'm not sure. It's just dirty looking. She does have permission to make it better, clean and paint.

What's the best (and easiest of course!) way to clean the walls? It's painted wallboard/sheetrock--nothing fancy.

Is there a product we can use as a spray-and-wipe thing (without having to spray with water and wipe again) that can be done quickly with all three of us working together on this?? I've used Magic Eraser but they seem to shred quickly.

Also, the paint on her door is peeling in sorta stretchy-type peeling pieces. We have leftover Zinsser primer and some leftover plain white (Snowy Egret, I think it's called) semi-gloss paint. Would that do for a quick but good fix for her door? How would we prep the door so the paint would stop it's peeling? A quick sanding to rough it up for the Zinsser, or just clean the door and put on the Zinsser primer, followed by drying time, followed by paint??

Thanks!

Smiles,

Sooz

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures