Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lily79_gw

Need Help in picking out Paint colors for our orange brick home.

lily79
13 years ago

We have an orange brick home with shades of rust and other autumn colors mixed in. The grout is gray with a gray roof. It is currently painted with a 2 tone blue but we are re-modeling and need paint color ideas. Any help with paint ideas for the trim and front door would be greatly appreciated. We have pictures but not sure how to post them here?

Thank you!!

Comments (6)

• lily79
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are the pictures for my "peach" color brick home, not orange. Looking for new paint colors to brighten up the exterior of my house. See the link below with the pics.
    Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Exterior House Pics

• graywings123
    13 years ago

That link isn't working.

Also, you might get additional responses by posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

• megs2
    13 years ago

While I am unable to see your house I will tell you what I think anyways.If you look at the brick, take the darkest or most vibrant color and use that as a guide for your front door paint. Maybe a brighter rust or terra-cotta that will "pop", but still match the house. Bring home some samples and keep them at your front door entrance, looking at them at different times of the day...it worked for me

• Nancy in Mich
    13 years ago

I had an orangey-peachy house in Baton Rouge, LA and I painted the back porch and door an opposite color on the color wheel - a beachy-seafoamy-light turquoise green. I loved it, but colorful houses are "done" there and this was 20 years ago.

If any of your darker bricks go toward the red/maroon spectrum, a cranberry or maroon color could work well for a front door.

You might have to make your pictures "public" in order for us to see them.

• WendyB 5A/MA
    13 years ago

how about painting the brick some other color and open up your color choices totally? Are you fond of the brick?

I used to be. I got over it.

I have seen some incredible transformations of brick houses after being painted.