Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jweekley_gw

worried my painted letters will peel

JWeekley
9 years ago

Hello, i just hand painted a 4'x8' outdoor sign with large letters. I layed out painters tape in the outline of my letters, used about 3 coats to get a nice color, and when i went to remove the painters tape, I notice the edges of my letters looked a little thick in some places. My main concerns are that some paint got under the painters tape and didn't leave a clean edge but more of a rough clump of paint. Nothing too bad, but i'm worried that those areas my wanna peel once being out in the weather. Like i said, it doesn't look terrible or really that bad, but some spots look like i could start peeling the paint if i wanted to. Should i be worried? anything i can do or add to prevent peeling?
Being my first sign, i took extra care to sand/clean before each layer of primer/paint and used exterior paints, so i don't know if i'm being paranoid about the peeling or not, i just want the sign to hold up for a least a couple years in the weather. Thanks for your time and any opinions you can offer.

Comment (1)