Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you help me pick a paint color?

Posted by atc821 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 28, 11 at 23:32

Hello!

After months of sampling paint colors, we thought that we finally found the right paints. The first two (for the dining room and entryway) worked out perfectly, but the third (for the living room) is just not the right color. So far we've only painted one wall and want to cut our losses and find a new color now.

The dining room is Behr Waterscape and the entryway is Behr Gallery Taupe. The color we selected for the living room was Behr White Sapphire, a light blue, but it looks too cold and powdery at the same time. We also have beautiful moulding on the walls in the living room that is currently painted a creamy white. We are not planning to paint the moulding.

Our furniture is transitional/modern in a more traditional home. Our couch is a greyish taupe, we have a chocolate brown shag rug, glass coffee table and dark wood shelving around the room.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We are open to all color schemes, not just a light blue. We cannot figure out what to do!

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you help me pick a paint color?

Welcome to GardenWeb, atc821! If you don't get many responses here, I would try reposting your questions, along with photos of the rooms, in the Home Decorating forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating forum

o

Thanks for the advice. I will take some pictures and post them in the other forum this weekend. Your advice is much appreciated!

o

Thanks very much- I reposted with a link to pictures in the Home Decorating forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here