Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint help...please

Posted by momof4fromma (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 20, 11 at 22:34

Hi, please help me pick a color for my family room. I am using Benjamin Moore paint. My kitchen is open to the family room. There is not a wall separating the rooms, but the eating area of the kitchen jets out so there is an angled wall that separates the spaces. I just painted the kitchen rustic taupe. The cabinets are a medium maple (looks like a lighter cherry). And the counter is black granite. The backsplash ties all these colors together (I think). The familyroom has several large windows that get a tremendous amount of afternoon sun (and gorgeous sunsets... One of my fav things in the house). Do you think I need to continue the rustic taupe into the family room b/c they aren't truly separate rooms( might be too dark b/c there is one large interior wall and room is somewhat long)? Can I go with a shade of blue in there (which is what I'd like to do if it wworks)? Or, should I use one shade lighter than rustic taupe in the fan deck? If you think the blue could work... What color blue??? Specific benjamin Moore suggestions would be great!! Also, any ideas on the color drapes... white, cream, brown, tan????

I'm excited to hear any advice! Thanks, Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint help...please

Hi Sarah, take some photos of the spaces and post them and your questions on the Home Decorating forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorating forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here