Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momof4fromma

Paint help...please

momof4fromma
12 years ago

Hi, please help me pick a color for my family room. I am using Benjamin Moore paint. My kitchen is open to the family room. There is not a wall separating the rooms, but the eating area of the kitchen jets out so there is an angled wall that separates the spaces. I just painted the kitchen rustic taupe. The cabinets are a medium maple (looks like a lighter cherry). And the counter is black granite. The backsplash ties all these colors together (I think). The familyroom has several large windows that get a tremendous amount of afternoon sun (and gorgeous sunsets... One of my fav things in the house). Do you think I need to continue the rustic taupe into the family room b/c they aren't truly separate rooms( might be too dark b/c there is one large interior wall and room is somewhat long)? Can I go with a shade of blue in there (which is what I'd like to do if it wworks)? Or, should I use one shade lighter than rustic taupe in the fan deck? If you think the blue could work... What color blue??? Specific benjamin Moore suggestions would be great!! Also, any ideas on the color drapes... white, cream, brown, tan????

I'm excited to hear any advice! Thanks, Sarah