Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Dove vs Cloud White vs Simply White

Posted by sweetbabyjames5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 22:25

I've narrowed my cabinet color down to these three BM colors. The problem is, I've looked at them so many times, that I cannot tell the difference! I am looking for a whiter white but definitely not stark white and not cream. My kitchen faces west, so lots of light in the afternoon, but not much any other time. How would you rank these in order from whitest to creamiest? (and feel free to throw other suggestions out there if I've missed something!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Dove vs Cloud White vs Simply White

I painted my cabinets last summer, my house faces south, so I get lots of sun too. I got samples of White Dove and 3 others that I cannot recall (probably what you mentioned or close). I did not like White Dove on the swatch at all, but I kept an open mind.

I painted all 4 on poster boards and looked at them for a few days and did a process of elimination. White Dove won!

I LOVE the way my cabinets look.....white without being stark, but no undertones.

I used Cabinet Coat paint from BM and they tinted it White Dove for me.

Hope that helps....

o

That is a great idea. I think I'll do the same. All these decisions!!!!! I feel like I'm losing my mind. Thanks for your help!

o

>>>>> All these decisions!!!!! I feel like I'm losing my mind. Thanks for your help

I know....I felt the same way. Are these cabinets you are painting yourself?

You are welcome.

o
Baileyandbella - RE: White Dove vs Cloud White vs Simply White

Baileyandbella, do you have pictures of your BM white Dove Cabinets to share?I had spent hours and picked BM Cloud White but now I am having second thoughts since my other room has dark Brazilian Cherry Floors and BM Bone White walls with no much white but the baseboard trim. I am thinking a white not as white would look better but not too creamy since my new tiles do not look that great with creamy. I have decided to paint the cabinets and not get new cabinets for now and if I don't like the way the end up, I will save for new cabinets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here