Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color would look nice with sage green?

Posted by laurience (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 22:21

Hello,

My real name is Joanne and it is my first time posting. I have an open concept home. I am thinking of painting the first floor the same color.

This includes entrance, dining room, great room and kitchen. I have oak colored cabinets in the kitchen(dark brown) with stainless steel appliances. My cabinets are a beige color.

My great room has lots of beiges and browns too. My hardwood is a deep brown, grey and green color. I was thinking of painting a sage green color. Do you think this will look nice?

Also I want to do the fireplace wall a different color or different shade. What do you think. Any advice on color would be appreciated.

I have not bought by dining room furniture yet. Thank you
Joanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color would look nice with sage green?

I'm not good with wood and brown colors, but one of my favorite color combinations is sage green and a dusky purple

o

Joanne - any chance you have pictures? It sounds like sage green would be lovely. What kind of fireplace is it? Does it have stone or brick or anything else on it?

I would also post this question in the home decorating forum, especially with a picture - you will probably get a lot more responses there.

o

Here are some color combinations I like:

Sage Greens: SW Grassland, Svelte Sage, Softened Green, Clary Sage (get samples at the SW store)

Pair with a neutral/gold like: SW Ivoire, Blonde, Restrained Gold, Latte, Bagel (or lighter shades on the Latte and Bagel strips). Latte and Bagel are beiges with caramel undertones and look good with dark oak and cherry, IMO - as does sage green.

Accent with a brick red like SW Flower Pot.

I also like the sage green and dusky purple and have bedding in my guest room with those colors in it.

o

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/laurience/?action=view¤t=Quentin_3ans_France_Vacances2008049.jpg

o

Photobucket

o

thank you all for your wise advise. I have posted pics of my 1st floor on the decorating site.
Joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here