Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paint colors for all rooms

Posted by lnia (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 22:16

Hi,
We are building and therefore will need to paint. The idea of selecting paint color is overwhelming and at the end of the day, I would be more than content on warm color paints throughout. . Is there a good pallet I can select that will flow from one room to the other? I need to make this as easy as possible and wish i could just take the colors of a model home and plop them into mine. Decorating will come later...
Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paint colors for all rooms

For me, fabrics are the thing, so when we were building, I selected fabrics for window treatments in the rooms and then pulled the paint colors from there. It would be helpful if you had some direction to go in. To me, paint colors are integral to decor so I knew I couldn't just pick a couple of colors and go with it.

But other people are different so they may use another approach that works for them.

Try finding an inspiration piece for each of the main rooms....maybe a counter or tile in the kitchen, a piece of art or a picture of a room you like for the living room, a bedspread for the bedroom and pull your colors from there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here