Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliciaandbilly_gw

BM trim semi-gloss trim paint

aliciaandbilly
10 years ago

Hello,

I'm getting ready to paint a couple of bedrooms. Prep and priming almost done and I'm debating if I want to switch trim paints. In one bedroom i painted a couple of years ago we used Regal semi-gloss. In the bathroom I tried Advance. Loved the ease of it over the Regal, but I'm wondering if it is less "flexible" at the joints? Can't tell if it's just the bathroom humidity levels or partly the paint as well. Our house is c 1925 and in both rooms we stripped the trim down to bare wood.

Has anyone found one paint over another to be better with old trim? Using Zinsser's odorless oil based primer.

I've seen mixed reviews here for the Regal. Everyone seems to love Satin Impervo, but since I already have one room in semi-gloss I think I'd prefer to remain with that. Definitely want water over oil to avoid yellowing since our trim color (white dove) was chosen to match the vinyl replacement windows we inherited from the PO.

Thoughts and experiences with Regal vs. Satin Impervo vs. Advance vs. Aura vs. ???? would be greatly appreciated. Main concerns for me are ease of application (don't want a super quick dry), non-yellowing, good elasticity for minimizing cracking at joints, and washability.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Comments (2)