Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior trim that is NOT white?

Posted by coastalcottage (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 21:45

Hello,
I am new here, but I could not resist posting about our in-progress paint scheme. I really want to have non-white trim, but I am scared! It is so uncommon in North America, and I have hardly ever seen it in person.

We are going to use Farrow and Ball paints. So far, we love House White (creamy white/yellow) for the dining nook and kitchen. I am thinking about old white or off white as a trim colour. Our floors are Brazilian cherry, which is lovely, although would not have been my first choice. They are very red!

Is this crazy? I plan to continue the colour throughout the house slowly, as we repaint over time. We have just moved into a large new home, and we are planning on repainting it all as time passes.

Do you think these colours are going to be too strong for trim? What colours should I choose to go with them for the other rooms? Can you think of another trim colour that is not white, but still would work with many other colours?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior trim that is NOT white?

What ever color you want, it is your house.

o

SW Casa Blanca.

It looks nothing like the color chip so get a sample and try it over painted or primed wood.

o

I forgot to add that the main trim colours we were thinking about are Farrow and Ball Off White or Old white. Has anyone used these? Do you have any recommendations for colours that look good with these?

Also, do you think Farrow's Cream could still be used in a house with Old white/ off white trim? Too much?

Thanks for the tip about Casa Blanca, I will look into that!

o

Coastal, If I am reading right, it sounds like you color scheme is very similar to what we did in our CT house. All shades of FnB whites/creams, with slightly darker trim.
It's a very colonial look. We love it.
I got inspired by the home in the link to use darker trim color. HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: darker trim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here