Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exterior Paint: Duration, Superpaint, Manor Hall, or Timeless?

Posted by mwe_writer (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 07 at 21:43

The exterior of our house desperately needs repainting, so we've gotten bids from a few contractors. Each one gave us an estimate for a couple of different paints of his choosing. Now, we're trying to figure out which of the paints would be best.

We live in a mostly dry desert climate that does get rain and snow in the winter. Temps range from about 5 degrees (winter) to 115 degrees (July). Sun/fading is an issue.

We'd like to keep the cost down, of course, but want to get a paint that actually lasts (unlike the stuff that's on our house now, which started peeling after just a year).

We're leaning toward one of two contractors who recommend Sherwin-Williams Superpaint or Duration, or Pittsburgh Manor Hall or Timeless. I've read quite a bit on this forum about Superpaint and Duration (most seem to like those) but not much about Manor Hall or Timeless.

Which of these paints do you recommend and why? Is the Duration or Timeless worth the extra cost over the Superpaint or Manor Hall?

(I tried posting this question before, but it apparently wasn't added to the forum. If a duplicate shows up, I apologize!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exterior Paint: Duration, Superpaint, Manor Hall, or Timeless

I love using Manor hall timeless, Sherwin Williams has gone to making not so good products with higher price tags, ten years ago they were excellent, PPG Timeless actually does what duration claims to do. I usually disreguard the price and go for the better product. Muralo's Endure is close to Timeless also and is $5.00 cheaper to, but its your home and why not take some pride in it.
California makes a great product also, there 2010 line is very good for harsh climents (New England) mainly but still is another quality brand.
Good luck

o
RE: Exterior Paint: Duration, Superpaint, Manor Hall, or Timeless

Thanks for the advice! We're leaning toward using Timeless.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here