Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help With Choosing Shutter/Door Colors for Cream/Yellow Siding

Posted by gretchblair (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 21:01

We have vinyl siding on our home and cannot afford to replace it at this time. It is a very light yellow color, almost almond cream. (not too yellow) When we bought the house, it had mint green shutters and the same mint green pilasters and corbel above the front doors. We are looking to make a big impact by simply changing the shutters and front door color. But we are having a REALLY hard time picking colors. I would like to use the Pratt and Lambert Williamsburg collection for colors, but I'm open to anything at this point. Part of the problem is that our roof is kind of a weird brownish/mustard color. I wish it was black, but no such luck. We are going to add crossheads/pediments above the windows and I think with the right color selection, we can achieve the wow factor. Please help! How can I add a photo to this posting? I'd love to put a picture of the house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Home Renovation Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help With Choosing Shutter/Door Colors for Cream/Yellow Sidin

So I wish I could remove the link to my entire reno blog and just put the link to this photo instead, but I can't figure out how to edit or even just delete and start over my new post. Apologies for being an idiot... here is a decent picture of my house, before we pressure washed and removed the mint shutters!

Here is a link that might be useful: House Photo

o
RE: Help With Choosing Shutter/Door Colors for Cream/Yellow Sidin

Go to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us and send an e-mail to Gardenweb and ask them to remove the link.

o
Color suggestion

My suggestion is a shade of blue. I went to the P&L site to see if they showed the color palette. I didn't find the palette, but I found the shade of blue I am suggesting - the big block of blue at the top of the Williamsburg display:

I would also change the white accents on the house to cream.

Here is a link that might be useful: Display

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here