Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light blue paint suggestions

Posted by ebs5572 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 20:47

I just bought my first house and am having so much fund deciding on my colors! After MUCH research and deliberation, I have decided to go with Behr's Harvest Brown in the living room and Dolphin Fin the Master Bedroom. However, I am having trouble finding a blue for the bathroom. I want a light, icy, blue with NO gray, green, or purple undertones... something just pure blue. I've kicked around Pensive Sky, Day Spa, and Glass Bead but I'm still not sure. Any ideas? (P.S. It has to be Behr paint). Thanks for helping the newbie :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light blue paint suggestions

I'm about to paint my son's room blue and went through about 15 samples. I ended up painting those samples on 8x10 card stock ( I like the stiffness of the paper) and taped them to his wall and pondered them for days in different light. His curtains are brown and bedding is a lighter taupe brown so I'm going for the chocolate brown/blue scheme. I ended up going with a Martha Stewart color but mixed in Behr paint (without the primer). The color is "Twilight". In fact I had a mixture of MSL, Benj Moore & Valspar chips sampled in Behr paint. I like Behr because of low odor and it rolls on good for me with great results.

I'm familiar with Dolphin Fin color but recently painted my pantry Benj Moore "Coventry Gray" but in the Behr paint (with the primer)turned out lovely! I think I'm going with that in the kitchen also. Looks great with white which is what I may be painting my early 90's builder oak kitchen cabs!

Good luck and have fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here