Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SW Resiliance vs. BM Regal for Exterior masonry home?

Posted by staceyneil (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 20:30

The house has been primed with SW Loxon primer prior to "any regular exterior house paint" per the SW rep. Sherwin Williams is recommending their Resiliance (Over Duration because he thinks breathability is better for the masonry with REsiliance...)

I'm a lifelong Ben Moore user, though, and used to their colors, etc. I love Aura for interior but wonder if it's wrong for this exterior for the same reasons SW didn't recommend Duration (thick mil coat, less breathable). I'll also have some teenage "helpers" and they won't be so adept at working really fast as is required with Aura...

Am I on the right track here?

Which would you choose? FWIW the SW store is offering a better volume price for Resiliance than I'm likely to get for Regal. But I'm totally willing to pay for a top quality paint, so longevity and ease of application are more important than cost here...

Thanks for your insights!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SW Resilience vs. BM Regal for Exterior masonry home?

Regal is not exterior, Aura would be fine but as you said, with inexperienced help, I would stick with the Resilience

o
RE: SW Resiliance vs. BM Regal for Exterior masonry home?

REGAL SELECT

Thanks, christophern... but actually Ben Moore has a new exterior paint called Regal Select that I was referring to. It's tinted in the same machine as the Aura, the one that adds resins rather than the one that adds oils and more VOCSs. It's the step up from Moorguard, etc. That's the one I'm considering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here