Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best masking tape on stucco

Posted by AMR444 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 19:22

I am painting my wood exterior window trim on a stucco wall. What is the best tape to use on the stucco so the trim paint (latex) does not creep underneath the tape? Also I do not want to pull any of the stucco off -- it is very rough -- in removing the tape. I have some red "stucco" tape and also bought some "frog green" tape. Your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best masking tape on stucco

none ... get a painter's shield or a piece of stiff plastic to protect the wall when you cut in. And cut in carefully.

If the tape sticks well enough to prevent bleeding, it's going to take some stucco off.

o

Getting on here is entertaining just for the questions. Masking tape for stucco?

o

lazygardens: thank you.

Jumpilotmdm: snideness is not becoming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here