Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help identify this paint colour?

Posted by firstyeargardener (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 18:34

Does anyone have any guesses as to what this paint colour could be? I'm looking for a light neutral colour and came across this photo. I started painting my kitchen SW Antique White, but find it too light.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help identify this paint colour?

You might try posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

o

I used the Sherwin Williams "chip it" tool and it suggested 2834 Birdseye Maple and 0044 Hubbard Squash. Hope that helps

o

Here's a link with light, neutral colors. Probably not the exact one you are looking for, but it offers other options.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

It's definitely not Hubbard Squash. I've used that quite often.

o

BenM Northern Cliffs 1536
BenM River Gorge Gray 1537
SW Chatroom 6171
Dunn Edwards DE6228 Play on Gray

The pic has a good spot, to the right of the window, to pull a digital sample and then convert it to paint. What you see on your monitor may indeed differ from what I see on mine, but color math is color math and the pixels in that photo (however you see it) align with the colors above.

o

Behr photo match says Arbor Hollow ECC 37-1

I tried chip it but it wasn't the least bit helpful.

To my eye, there's much less gray in it than the on line swatches would suggest. So I'd suggest looking at the swatches in real life. I'm thinking
BM Cedar Key

o

Maybe BM baby fawn (which is redundant!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here