Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pimms1967

Paint for living room - Green?

pimms1967
11 years ago

I'm having a very frustrating time picking out a paint color for my living room. I've tried various shades of browns, taupes, pinks, blues...and now I'm researching greens. The people before me painted it a light minty green and I think it's puke (which is the color of my kitchen right now, no joke, it's that peachy/tan color that looks like vomit, not my doing and being changed soon), which is why I've avoided green as an option, but now reconsidering. I have an art exhibit going of Behr sample paint jars in the living room.

I have dark hardwood floors, dark wood beams (it's a Tudor cottage style house), the window/door trim is white, but baseboards dark to match floors, one end is a bay window. It's mostly northern exposure so the room doesn't get a lot of light (some west exposure end of day), the picture is deceiving on light. I have mostly chocolate brown furniture, thus trying to avoid browns/taupes for the walls (oranges or yellows won't work). I want something warm, rich, homey feeling, but it can't be too dark either. The lighter shades I've tried end up looking chalky and flat. My decorating is not modern or formal, kind of ecclectic mix of Pottery Barn and antique, if that makes sense. The room is 25'x15' with a limestone surround fireplace trimmed in dark beams and dark beam built-in shelving on either side.

Right now, the closest that's working is BM Slate Blue, but not totally sold. Blue is my favorite color. The living room has been the hardest paint color to pick. The picture is pre-minty green, I pulled them online from a previous owner listing because they show the room empty.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. It's driving me nuts!

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH