Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Valspar Exotic Sea

Posted by rafor (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 27, 11 at 17:22

Had 4 ugly old rusty and white metal folding chairs that the previous owners left in our house. Painted them a pretty turquoise. See for yourself:

ugly rusty

Ignore the color difference due to the sun. The chairs are actually the color on the seat!

ugly ugly

They actually look much worse in real life :)

Now they are gorgeous!

pretty pretty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Valspar Exotic Sea

ohh...i like that!!!
i love turquoise :)
our landlord gave us some of these, from the property across the street. as much as i love painting, i didn't think for one second to just coat them and use them!!

o

Well I like them, you did a great job.

Maybe Trash to Treasure forum would like them too.

o

Great idea and what an improvement. I just used almost the same color on a metal garden chair.
Kathy

o

WOWZER!! LOVE that color! Those turned out amazing....like brand new! Great job and TFS!

o

Very pretty. Good recycling.

Marylee

o

Great save on those chairs! That color will really pop in the garden too.

I lurk on this Forum but unfortunately my only painting talent IS in a spray can. LOL. I envy those who are so artistic and love seeing what they create.

Karen

o

Beautiful! How did you prep them?

o

I don't know what I would do without spray paint!
Great color!

o

Love the color & the chairs are so handy in house & around yard for guests or just taking out to sit in. What color is it? And what company? Reason I'm asking is I bought a cute little tractor seat thing that you are supposed to sit on & garden but I want to set a plant on it, I couldn't find that color & that is about what it was before it faded out! Is that the color-Valspar Exotic Sea? I just looked at title of post again, who has that paint-never heard of it! Jan

o

raro: no prep other then to dust them off. One had a rusty drip down the seat that was a little rough, so I hit it with a sanding block.

sunnyca: yes that's the name. Valspar is a Lowe's brand. I read somewhere else that they can even match the spray paint exactly with their other regular paint. This was the gloss finish spray paint. I had been looking around for an interesting eye-catching color but didn't have any luck until I found this one.

After painting the chairs I thought I should have my 13 year old Miata painted the same color!!!!

o

Beautiful!

o

I used that same Exotic Sea color on my wicker furniture. Absolutely beautiful. Only problem is I can not find the color to do a bit of touchup. Lowes and Home Depot said it was a discontinued color. So, if you love the color be sure you buy all the paint you need because there will not be any more at the big box stores.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here