Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kilz Casual Colors

Posted by lucille (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 17:05

No longer available at my local Walmart and so I assume any Walmart, anyone have the inside story?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kilz Casual Colors

Crappy paint?

o

So by implication you are saying the rest of the paint they carry is excellent.
(Rolls eyes).

I want to hear from someone in the know, please.

o

I had a question mark after the comment

o

Walmart has a new vendor supplying their paint - Glidden. (a.k.a. Azko Nobel)

All the brands (or I would assume most of the brands) found in the Walmart paint department will be changing.

That's what I heard. Rather reliable source, wouldn't say it was a *best* source, but reasonably so.

Keep in mind it will be a Glidden label on a special Walmart formulation -- not like you can go buy "regular" Glidden at Walmart. Well, it hasn't worked like that in the past anyway.

i.e. Sherwin Williams made the prior Color Place brand before this latest change but it was hardly Sherwin Williams "paint". It was a Walmart brew manufactured for them by Sherwin Williams, etc.

Paint is a business and you will get what you pay for. You get a Walmart grade of paint at a Walmart price. The quality/quantity of upper tier ingredients come with upper tier price points.

It's actually a simple business when you deconstruct it. But I digress.

o

It's actually a simple business when you deconstruct it. But I digress.
Easy to do .

o

Just FYI - Walmart is still listed on the "Where to Buy" page.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here