Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow wall paint help

Posted by traydog420 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 16:26

I am stuck on yellows for my foyer/hallway area. I think i like reach cream and also calming cream. Anyone have photos of these or photos of other light yellows you like?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow wall paint help

First, welcome to Gardenweb, traydog420!

If you don't get many responses here, you might try posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

I'm guessing you mean rich cream, not reach cream? What brand of paint is it? Have you tried doing google searches with the brand name and the name of the paint, such as "ben moore rich cream," or Behr rich cream?

o
RE: yellow wall paint help

I used Glidden "Uplifting" from Home Depot. DO NOT go by the "color chips" that show up when you Google - this is not a peach tone, but a soft yellow. See the link I've included below.

I know most people here talk about more expensive paints but, not knowing anything about paint at the time I used this, I just went to Home Depot and bought Glidden. As it turned out, it was a breeze to use, and I got great coverage with only one coat (over a white wall, with no primer coat.) It has held up for 4 years - no fading in a very sunny kitchen, and it's very washable. I see no negatives to it.

This may be TOO yellow for you if you're looking for something closer to cream, but I find it to be a good soft, buttery yellow. It looks slightly different in my kitchen than it does here (probably because most of the time it's lit by natural light while this scene appears to be lit with artificial lighting.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Glidden Uplifting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here