Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mauiluver_gw

Is there a way to tastefully incorporporate complicated rooms??

mauiluver
12 years ago

Well, we purchased a home that really needed an interior paint job... fair enough except the only time I pick the right color is when I put Laura Ashley Sand 3 on the walls!

So, right now I'm really like BM Camouflage for our kitchen.

From the kitchen there is an enormous room with an overhanging balcony from the stairs... so whatever color goes in that big room has to go upstairs in the hallway. The color we found was BM Rattan or SW Camelback.

This is where I am fairly stumped, should I put that dark a color in that area? Also, there is a hallway from the front of the house to this great big room, off that hallway are the dining room and a small formal sitting room. There is a doorway from the dining room to the kitchen which will hopefully be Camouflage. If you're still with me I appreciate it! There is an additional hallway off the hallway leading to a bath and bedroom, but I won't concern myself with either of those rooms at the moment.

So the major question, do the colors we picked go with Camouflage, and if so do we want to paint so much of it including the upstairs hallway. For reference the room is about 22x17 with 25 foot ceilings, it's enormous.

Secondarily can I cohesively add color to the hallway and dining/front living room? I like the color Jackson Tan for the dining room, but since you can see the kitchen when you enter the door looking through the dining room and it will be I think camouflage, and when you look straight, that will maybe be Ratan, I'm not sure we can get away with any more color?

Any assistance with this assortment of rooms would be appreciated.