Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone recognize this paint color?

Posted by TriPaC87 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 14:21

I found this picture and can not figure out what color the paint is. The photo was taken by a cabinet builder and they do not know what the color is. Here is the link to where I found the photo.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/550570/-53---Owner---Los-Altos-traditional-powder-room-san-francisco

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone recognize this paint color?

The cabinet or the walls? The cabinet is satin black, probably anyone's satin black will do close enough.
The walls are a different story. Why not try taking a cutting of the picture into the paint store of your choice and have them match it? Be prepared to 1] have multiple tries to get the right color and 2] use more than 2 coats as colors like that traditionally don't hide very well.

o

this is combination of light red and black color, may be percentage of both differs but this is a fact ..............

o

I just suggested this to someone in a different thread. Benjamin Moore has a free smartphone app where you take a photo of a color, and it tells you the matching BM color.

I think someone wrote a similar app (probably before BM) that works the same way, except that it gives you the color names for several different paint brands. There are probably several others out there too.

P.S. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to me that the accuracy would depend on the quality of the phone camera and what lighting is used. Still, it should give you a starting point.

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore Color Capture App

o

Maybe BM cabernet

o

Could it be Benjamin Moore Driftwood?

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of BM Driftwood

This post was edited by dilettante on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 17:55

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here