Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toytheatre13

How to paint Flat Black stripe on metal hardware

toytheatre13
10 years ago

Please help! I am using these earring drop pulls on high cabs in my kitchen. Does anyone know how I could paint a black stripe on the drop on the left where it is missing? I guess you need special paint to go on metal. They will be on cabs I will seldom open. Thanks in advance

Comments (5)

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Nah, just find any flat black paint and paint it on with a fine tip artist's brush.

The tough part might be finding the matching paint. Craft stores will have black acrylic paint but it may not be flat.

I would take the Japanese wabi-sabi approach and just leave it like it is. No one will notice it except you.

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

I had to stare at it for several minutes to see what you were talking about.

And that was with a closeup photo. No one will notice it on a cabinet.

• toytheatre13
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your input! I love the Japanese wabi-sabi approach. Will be searching Wikipedia for that, unless you care to elaborate!
    I have this ? sent to some artist friends. Can't help being curious.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

In this case, I used the term wabi-sabi to simply mean accepting imperfection.

• toytheatre13
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I also sent this ? to a number of friends and family who are artists. One of them suggested a model or miniature store. She said,"Think of those tiny metal soldiers..." So, I have called around and found several places to get small bottles. JoAnnes said they actually carry it, but just in case I called some specialty hobby stores, too. I will bring the piece in to hopefully get a match!

Since I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel, I will hang onto the wabi-sabi term. I also just lost the dog of my life to a mouth melanoma! She had been a guide dog puppy. Our family had been the puppy raisers. They gave her to us as a pet after her 6 mnth training. She sometimes got distracted in training when another dog showed up. She wanted to play! We were well paired as I am the same! She was career changed and became a Therapy Dog. My daughter, my son and myself all passed as her handlers. She also passed as a disaster relief dog 2x, once with my daughter and also myself. She would have loved the parade of workmen thru the house! She was a yellow lab, with a beautiful expressive face! We miss her every day!