Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Benjamin Moore vs. Devine

Posted by marcia59 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 13:46

I've always used Benj. Moore and have always been happy. We're renovating bathrooms and will use paint in at least one of them. The one that will definitely get paint will have a shower with white field tile with blue glass accent tile. My plan is to paint the rest of the bathroom to match the blue accent tile. I figured I'd take a piece of the tile to my local BM store and let them match it. (Actually, there is variation in the shading of the tile, so that's a whole different problem.) But I just learned about Devine paint and they really have very, very pretty colors, although no stores anywhere near me (NYS, nr the CT border). Is there some reason to get started with mail ordering samples, hoping one of their blues is the perfect blue, etc, etc? Is there going to be something so wonderful about the look and quality of their blue paint on the wall that it's worth going to substantially more trouble (and cost?) than just getting a color match from BM?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Benjamin Moore vs. Devine

I think that Devine color is made by Miller paints. I have never used Miller paints. There seems to be a lot of misinformation on the Net about paint. You see, when the paint formulations were changing, the manufacturers reformulated their paint but kept the old trade names. It's a bit like buying a matress but I digress. Anyhow, one person will say Behr Sucks use Valspar. Ok.. well, without knowing the date codes and formulations made at the time of the complaint you are kind of comparing two things that may not even actually exist. It's confusing. I say give it a try if you want but I like to go to the store and watch them mix it for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here