Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to decide on paint color for kitchen/living cherry wood

Posted by rebeccalc (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 12:59

My kitchen, living, and dining area are all in one big room basically with no divisions between them. I have cherry wood cabinets, about the same color wood on my dining set, and a olivey-brown couch. I have some darker brown black wood furniture in the room as well. Currently the walls and trim are an eggshell white as the builder left them. I have been thinking about a grayish blue. I am thinking about Tinsel blue (Valspar). I think the blue could be a good balance to the wood colors, but want it to be somewhat neutral, not outright blue. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to decide on paint color for kitchen/living cherry woo

All of the colors you mention are very "warm".
Technically the color of cherry is orange on the color wheel so blue would be the opposite on the wheel. This would create a lot of energy and drama in the room (as opposed to serenity.)
You want to make sure the color you choose pulls the room together. Perhaps a lighter olive might do the trick?

o
RE: Trying to decide on paint color for kitchen/living cherry woo

Take a look at BM Affinity Meditation. It is a grayish olive.

It's working perfectly with my cork floor (Eco Cook in Toledo) which is a fairly deep orange, my beech butcher block countertops and cabinets in BM White Dove.

I also had my heart set on a grayish blue but I couldn't find one that didn't clash with all those warm wood tones. Very happy with the Meditation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here