Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicteacher_gw

I'm liking this

musicteacher
9 years ago

I special ordered Cabinet Coat for my kitchen cabinets from Home depot, thanks to other posters here. I was leery about not using oil paint, but have to say I really like how the doors are turning out. They don't look like a bunch of rubbery paint is globbed on, but are slick and smooth. I sanded after the first coat with pieces of paper bags. Kind of amazing how well that works!
My question: I wasn't quite as careful on the cabinet boxes and have a couple of places with drips. I think it is primer. My sanding sponge seems to want to sand everything EXCEPT the drip bumps. Do I just need to get rougher sand paper and take it back down to the wood and start over in those areas?

Second question that some of you painters may have encountered. I am trying to re-attach the air vents to the ceiling. They were just screwed into the drywall and there is now a huge crumbly hole - at least half an inch where the screw it supposed to go. Even those big fat drywall anhors that look like a screw just slide in and out. There is no wood above it to attach with a longer screw either. I am totally out of creative ideas. This was supposed to be the easy part! Thanks for helping!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH