Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wifisker

Muralo creamy white for kitchen cabinets

Jess TKA
11 years ago

Hi everyone.

I've posted in the Home Decorating forum to get opinions on painting the cabinets in the home we're buying next month. It was a unanimous "YES!" so now I'm trying to choose a paint color.

We're hiring a painter and I originally thought he was going to use Benjamin Moore but he's since told me he prefers to use Muralo and has a local place to get it. From what I've read on this forum and elsewhere it sounds like great quality stuff. (Yay!) However, since it's less common than BM or SW it's hard for me to find examples of their paint colors actually in use in real life.

Has anyone used Muralo who could recommend a nice soft or creamy white for these cabinets? Not yellowish, but not too stark white either.

Also, our painter was contemplating using a sprayer to avoid brush strokes and get a nice smooth finish but now he's thinking that a brush is the better way to go to avoid the heavy wood grain from coming through. Any thoughts on which process to use? There's a lot of beadboard going on this kitchen and I'd also like to avoid any bleed through of the stain or heavy wood grain being visible.

Thank you!!!