Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bronxbill

finding paint

bronxbill
13 years ago

Trying to find - MERION MVL11 FLAT BONE CEILING WHITE - Hovnanian Builders used this on my home 12 years ago. Anyone have any knowledge on this brand /paint? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Thanks for any input you can add.

Bill

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    13 years ago

No, I don't.

But for what purpose do you need to find it? And did you get that info directly from the can of paint, or no?

• bronxbill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

funcolors: My neighbor gave it to me on paper not the actual can.(same painting) I also remember the paint can white with a blue circle & the name Merion in it.
    I want to paint my kitchen ceiling (wall paint marks etc) but it flows into my livingroom & foyer ceiling - If I can't match it I will have to repaint the comlpete 3 rooms of ceiling. there is no break-off or seperation of rms.

• paintguy22
    13 years ago

It is very unlikely that this will match even if you know the exact paint and color...12 years is too long. Merion could be the name of the painting company too as some of these larger outfits have their own custom labels that they put on their own cans.

• bronxbill
    Original Author
    13 years ago

funcolors, paintguy -
    Thanks What I will do then is try to match with swatches from various stores - As I have on another thread (about patching ceiling holes) we found BM super white as the closet match. so I'll try the same with my ceiling.
    Thanks again - keep ya posted
    Bill

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    13 years ago

Okay, understood.

But you can fudge a little. Probably. I know the ceiling is continuous, but is the floor? Are there doorways or "zones".

You can draw a line on the ceiling and repaint just the kitchen "zone" without painting the other areas.

Provided !!! you find a really close paint match and you have a flooring material change or a doorway to help pull off the illusion.

You might notice but I bet no one else will. Can be a good strategy; paint only the kitchen ceiling zone first and see if you pulled it off. If not, then resort to painting the whole thing.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just some ideas. . . .