Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mountain_lady

Redoing Old farm house

mountain_lady
11 years ago

Ok I have a few questions . I have never ran into this problem before. Or maybe its cause I have Never painted a older farm house what was built in the late 1800 to mid 1900's. They did replace all the lath and plaster, putting in sheet rock. I am thinking that might have been done in the late 60's or 70's. They painted all the walls dark colors. But one wall in the house has some paint chipping. So I started chipping the paint off that wall, so that i could repaint . As I was chipping the paint away I chipped some of the paper off the sheet rock. How in the heck to I fix this so that i can repaint. Do I need to add something to it and then paint . Or can i just prime over it and then add my color to the wall???

Any Info will help... Thanks

~Lady~

Thanks

~Lady~

Comment (1)

• mountain_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

never Mind I have to replace the sheetrock. I started chipping some more of the paint and found the root of the problem. upstairs window was linking and we have water damage. So I have to replace the whole sheet of rock and fix the window. Joys of redoing someone else headache. I know now why we got in here for cheap.