Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funcolors? Green to go with gray?

Posted by redvt (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 10:45

Funcolors or other color gurus--I need help!

I'm painting a sunroom/diningroom BM Chelsea gray with White Dove trim. For flow, I want to bring the gray into the adjoining kitchen on the cabinets (under counter only). The kitchen has black counters and a terra cotta tile wall behind a corner stovetop with a line of accent tiles that are off white with a dark blue mexican design. There is also a chimney w/bricks similar color to the tile, and oak floors. Dark gray grout on brick and tile.

This room gets little sunlight. I can't find a color for the upper walls that works--I thought light gray but can't find one that clicks. The BM consultant said there are green hues in Chelsea Gray but I can't see it--should I go with a sagey green? lighter gray? off white?

The living room off the kitchen is Olive Branch with Atrium white trim.

I'd SO appreciate suggestions--I'm going nuts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funcolors? Green to go with gray?

Sorry for this double post--I'm new and still learning the system!

o

Can't get the photo right side up but you can see the colors. Chelsea gray is under copper pot but is too dark for entire kitchen....

o

I'm going with fun "bold" colors in my cottage. Bedroom is going to be a grey, haven't decided which grey yet, but a nearby room will have a fun bold grass green.

I agree a lighter grey will look better, but you'll probably get more responses on the home decorating forum.

o

Thank you dominoswrath!

o

I just painted these paint samples today as I'm looking for a greenish/bluish gray color for my house. I think they'd all go nicely with a more standard/straightforward gray as well.

Upper Left: Martha Stewart Mourning Dove
Upper Right: Martha Stewart Bayou
Lower Left: Glidden Dusty Miller
Lower Right: Glidden Slate Green

Good luck! Finding the perfect paint color is so tough!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here