Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dirtex Powder - Sponge or Mop?

Posted by ncassiday (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 10:15

Hi - Just moved into a house that has been vacant for over a year and the walls are filthy! I have decided to use Dirtex Powder to wash them - just wondering what the best tool is? Do I use a sponge or is it easier to use a sponge mop? What have you found to make this task easier? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dirtex Powder - Sponge or Mop?

Good decision on the POWDERED Dirtex!!!!

I suggest it to lots of clients....most of them follow it!

A good-ol' hand-held sponge is more controllable!

Faron

o
RE: Dirtex Powder - Sponge or Mop?

For really dirty walls, I suggest two tools. A brush (automotive brush available at Ace) and a grout sponge.
Carrand® Long Handle
Wash Brush (93039)

Mix the formula to preferred strength. Too strong of a mix will make the paint flat and may need repainted.

Set aside two rinse buckets filled with warm water.
Apply the cleaner with the brush and work it in circles.
Wipe with sponge, rinse sponge and wipe again.
Refresh the rinse water often.
Dry with room fans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here