Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weathered wood in a coastal kitchen

Posted by amylucey (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 22, 10 at 10:12

Put this on the kitchen forum, but thought I should post on "paint" too...

Spent yesterday white/grey washing the back wall we left exposed with the original pine boards when the house was first built.
The white painted cabinets come in tomorrow and templating for honed carrara marble on Thursday. It's really taking shape. The tile floor goes in this week too! Whoo hoo. Building a kitchen is so much fun.

There will be white trim molding around the outside edges of the wood wall, and the now window, will be removed and become a wider doorway when the reno is done.

Here is a link that might be useful: beachy wood look

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weathered wood in a coastal kitchen

I like it a lot! Makes me want to scrounge through my weathered wood lumber pile outside!

o
RE: Weathered wood in a coastal kitchen

I absolutely LOVE that look!!! Is there a way to get that on new wood? Or furniture? Beautiful!
S

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here