Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front door color suggestions?

Posted by mrsrichards (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 9:40

Our entry way is a small vestibule with the outside door painted a blue that will not go with our new color scheme. THe enterior door is the original stained wood. Would it be worth while to try to strip (I have 0 experience doing that!) and refinish, or should we just re-paint it? If we paint, what color should it be? I will include a picture of each door and also a shot of the side of the house that is already painted with our new colors, to let you see what colors we are using; the 3 colors are a green, a cream and a tan (shade tree, dusted bronze and sphynx). THanks for any input ~ this has been such a massive project for us...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front door color suggestions?

If you're going to paint, I would match the roof with a rusty red.
If you'd like to get a stained look, you could paint it a dark golden yellow, (then after that has dried) go over it with a few coats of a dark gel stain. (Do not wipe off. Use the brush as a way to make fake grain marks.) Finish off with a spar urethane meant for exterior. This is a method used on fiberglass doors. Trust me, it will look stained!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here