Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Warm gray on wall-what color trim and under chair rail color?

Posted by xgrayx (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 9:25

I'm painting my house different shades of gray (BM smoke embers, BM barren plain). I'd like to paint the trim BM white dove, but it will cost around $1000 more (hiring painters). The current trim is a stark white. Do you think it's worth it, or do you think the stark white will look ok?

I'd also like to paint the wall under the chair railing in the dining room white or off-white. BM smoke embers will be above the chair railing. Any suggestions? How about finish for the area under the chair railing? Matte or semi-gloss (like trim)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Warm gray on wall-what color trim and under chair rail color?

For trim (with almost any color), I have always used Pratt & Lambert's Silver Lining. If you go to a P&L dealer, they can make up a quart-sized sample (eggshell only) for like $7...it is a great trim color. HTH

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here