Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erikamc_gw

Need help with paint idea for ceiling in dining room

erikamc
13 years ago

Hi everyone, I am painting my new dining room bleeker beige from BM. The room will have a tray ceiling and I really would love to do an accent ceiling. Any ideas on a color that would complement the bleeker beige and create an inviting room? Thanks in advance!!

Comments (7)

• edgar.m
    13 years ago

Why not paint the flat surfaces ceiling white and the slant area the same color as the walls or a couple shades lighter

• art_teacher_mom
    13 years ago

What kind of texture is on the ceiling?
    If it's fairly smooth, what about a pearl or metallic painted ceiling?
    Modern Masters is sold at many Sherwin Williams locations.

• erikamc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi yes, the ceiling is completely smoooth. One website suggested a yellow/beige color on the ceiling, but I wasn't sure if it was too bold...

• art_teacher_mom
    13 years ago

Well, if you're thinking a yellow/beige is too bold...you probably will think these are crazy.
    I think Bronze would look awesome!
    GOLD

SILVER

BRONZE

But if those are too much for ya, you should cut your wall paint in half with white and use that on the ceiling. It will blend nicely, but with no drama.

• susanelewis
    13 years ago

I have a double tray in my dining room and I am having the same problem picking colors to decorate it. How tall is your ceiling? I think if it's over 9' I would go with a darker more intense color for emphasis and drama. Lighter colors are generally used (but not always) for rooms with 8' ceilings.

I think bronze is an excellent suggestion.

• erikamc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So funny, the gold picture above is the one I saw previously. I think it looks great too.

We have 9' ceilings, so I guess I should just go for it and use a bold color!

• cpartist
    13 years ago

what accent colors are you using for furnishings, etc? I'd pick a light version of one of those colors. for example, in my LR/DR area, I'm painting my walls BM Wilmington tan (HC-34). my accent colors in my house are soft greens with an olive/gray cast and burgandys. I decided to paint my woodwork atrium white and my ceilings Bm light breeze (512). btw: my ceilings are 8'8" high and they look higher because my wall color is so rich and darker than the ceiling.