Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ramrice

white/cream color suggestions for daughter's room

ramrice
13 years ago

I just put light wood laminate throughout the house. My daughter likes a lot of pink, so I want to paint her room a warm light cream or whitish color. Her room has a window and is 11 x 10.

Can anyone suggest a nice warm color? I was looking at all the whites out there and it could drive one mad! Besides, I don't trust my judgement in the various hues. The last time I picked out a white for my wainscoting it had a grayish tint to it.

Comments (4)

• jbg143
    13 years ago

I have been searching and researching for the perfect white for hours on end. And yes it can really drive someone mad. It is just white right? Nope. Anyways to try to help you first I went to the Benjamin Moore paint store yesterday to discuss whites. We chatted for some time and the employee gave me a pamphlet of soft whites. You might want to check that out and put the samples up in the wall for a week. Do you want to paint the entire room the cream/white color and accent with the pink? I was looking through a pottery barn magazine the other day and they featured marscapone on the walls of a room which has a slightly yellow creamy color to it.
    I am also in a bit of a white crisis. I have already painted all trim and doors in my home BM white 01 in semi-gloss finish. I like the crisp and clean look. However I have a lot of molding in my living room. Raised paneling on 3/4 of the room at chair rail height, and an full wall of raised paneling surrounding the fireplace with a built in bookcase on the left side of the wall. I already painted the chair rail paneling the white 01 since it was recommended to keep the trim and molding the same. I painted one coat of the white on the larger wall and it looks very bright. Am I just not used to this yet since I went from dark wood to bright white? OR did I choose the wrong white all together? I will post a picture if anyone would like to help me figure this out.

• graywings123
    13 years ago

jbg, To post a photo, you need to first have it hosted at a photo hosting site such as photobucket.com or tinypic.com. Then you cut and past the link to that photo.

If you post a follow up in this thread, you will see OPTIONAL LINK URL. Cut and paste it there, make up a name for it and submit your message.

Ramrice - there are threads on the Home Decorating forum discussing white and creams.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a thread on BM white paints

• cinnamonsworld
    13 years ago

I like Benjamin Moore Deep in Thought... a soft restful neutral white but with your wood floors a warmer white might be good. One thing I would suggest is go to your paint store or Home Depot with a piece of that wood or at least the color in mind, and go to the prettiest set of paint chips (the kind with light yellows to dark yellows etc.) and look at the white they put on that chip or say to coordinate with it. White depends so much on the undertones in a room to look good.

• rindy96
    13 years ago

I have seen BM Linen white in a friend's house and loved it. Also I think Sherwin Williams Antique White is really pretty. Whites really only look good though in a brightly lit room.