Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Behr Paint With Primer

Posted by luvvt18 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 7:43

I am having my entire condo re-built due to a fire. They will "white wash" the walls. I want to go in and paint the walls a color. Would Behr paint with primer do a good job? I've used Behr paint in the past and been very happy with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Behr Paint With Primer

We have also used Behr paint and like it very much. Recently redid our bathroom and used the new Behr paint with primer...excellent paint! Behr also has sample jars of paint at HD.

o

I'm sure you'll get more detailed answers from the pros here, but I'd never trust a paint/primer combo to do the job, especially if there is residual odor. BIN had an excellent sealer/primer which is specifically suited for fire damage. I have used it to mask other odors and has worked very well.

o

If it works for you, go with it. MOST professional painters would'nt touch the stuff.

o

I don't have to worry about smoke damage on my walls. My condo burned down to the ground. It is being built brand new.

It's good to know they have samples I can get. My condo won't be done until December, but I'm hoping I can get in early to paint. They haven't started the inside yet - just the exterior walls are up.

Thanks for all the info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here