Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone ever have a F&B surprise? (cure time shift in hue?)

Posted by amysrq (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 7:23

I am rolling the fourth wall of my office, having run out of paint (grrrr) after the first three. First three walls are Cooking Apple Green. This last wall certainly looks like something else! Yes, the label says CAG, but it looks like a halfway point between CAG and Vert de Terre. It's very blue, relatively speaking.

I am getting ready for the second coat now. Maybe that will shift the finished color back to the yellow-y green I was expecting. Or maybe it is a curing thing. Anyone ever experienced a significant shift in hue after curing with F&B?

All other things are equal, btw....painting over white primer on all four walls. The only significant difference is time -- first three walls were done a few months ago.

And, of course, it's the weekend so I can't call them. I've been using F&B for years and have never had this experience before.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone ever have a F&B surprise? (cure time shift in hue?)

How is it looking now?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here