Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisy22990

Help Identifying Benjamin Moore Color

Daisy22990
10 years ago

Does anyone recognize this wall color? It was a medium taupe in daylight and became a much warmer almost tan at night. It was definitely a Benjamin Moore color and would have had to have been around before 2003.

Many thanks

Comments (5)

• dilettante_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Daisy --

I replied earlier today, but even though I was SURE my message was posted, I don't see it, so I'll try to recap. I'm not an expert like some of the folks here or on the Home Decorating forum, but I'm willing to venture a guess. It's difficult to name a color based on a single photo, and there are so many variables that affect how the color appears online.

I'd guess that it COULD be either Chesterfield Buff (HC-9) or Westminster Gold (200). They've both been popular for a while, and they're both in MyPerfectColor's list of top golds. (If you go to the Shop and Explore Color section on their site, you can search by top colors, top colors by hue, and by top colors by room. Chances are that the PO would have chosen (or had recommended to him/her) one of the better-known and more popular colors, rather than risk using one that was obscure.

If you find a likely color, you can google by the name of the color to see photos of it, for example: "Benjamin Moore Chesterfield Buff photos". You can also search Houzz by color name, Then you can pick up some color strips to help narrow it down.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Top Benjamin Moore Golds

• dilettante_gw
    10 years ago

Also, if you have a smartphone (either iPhone or Android), you could try Benjamin Moore's Color Capture App. You take a photo of a color, and the app gives you a precise BM match for the color in your photo. (I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how accurate it is.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore Color Capture Smartphone App

• terrie1066
    10 years ago

I'm going to venture a guess that it's quite similar to my own living room color, which we first painted about that time, too...it's Springfield Tan. Good luck! It's a great color!

• akcorcoran
    10 years ago

the pic is a little dark but it looks like Benjamin Moore Kangaroo (an Affinity Color) - the color we put in our new family room? Link to the Ben Moore site below

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore Kangaroo

• chispa
    10 years ago

Looks similar to the color we used in the family room of our previous house, BM Bridgewater Tan.