Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good green BM paint color for kid's bedroom

Posted by remodel-mama (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 3:04

Hi all,

Has anyone out there had a good experience with a BM green paint color? I am trying to pick a green for my child's room - I have not had good luck picking greens in the past and am hoping someone out there can help.

The ceilings are 9' high and there will be a picture rail at about 8' and white/off-white ceiling color above. I am considering the following greens and wondered if anyone out there had used these:

Pale Sea Mist (2147-50)
Rainforect Dew (2146-50)
Nantucket Breeze (521)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good green BM paint color for kid's bedroom

I haven't used these but I have seen/read about two of them. A designer in "House Beautiful" said she thought Rainforest Dew was the most underrated color. It has a glow to it. Nantucket Breeze was a recent Pottery Barn selection and I'm sure you can find the google image of their office painted in that color. It looked nice. Potpourri green might be a nice choice for a child's room. That is a fall/winter Pottery Barn kids selection. It's a clear, bright green. You probably know this but the most important thing is to sample the colors in your light. Differences in lighting make all the difference in how paint looks. Many people rave about Camoflauge but in my lighting it looked like mud. Good luck!

o
RE: good green BM paint color for kid's bedroom

mom270: Thanks so much for your feedback. I will definitely check out Potpourri!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here