Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrscaleylove

Help with Paint Colors!

MrsCaleyLove
11 years ago

Hey guys! I need help figuring out paint color(s) for our house.

I think I am wanting the same wall color throughout the whole house. We have white trim, so I am wanting something that is a natural/neutral color, but I want it to stand out. I like browns and tans. :)

But more importantly, I want the color to look great in my kitchen too! In my kitchen, I am getting brandywine (cherry) colored cabinets (have a slight red tint), New Venetian Gold countertops, our hardwood floors are getting resurfaced and are a 2 1/4" Red Oak, with white trim around a window and the doorways.

Currently, the living room has a nice deep chocolate color that looks gorgeous with the white trim, but it would be too dark for the rest of the house and would clash with the cabinets. We just took down the wall that separated our kitchen from our living/dining room, so they all are connected now, so someone thought it would probably be best to stick with the same colors in those rooms.

We are also having someone apply a hand texture to the walls and ceilings. A friend of ours has a neat tea stain glaze over a few walls to make the texture really stand out, and I like that, but I just haven't gotten to see it on any tans or browns. Most pictures I find are in gold/yellow hues. But I was thinking that I could do a light to medium tan for the whole house, then get a darker glaze over the walls in the living room/kitchen to really make the glaze and white trim pop. But I also want it to coordinate with the cabinet/countertop colors.

Please help! And soon because we need to make a decision in the next few days. I would take any and all suggestions!

Thanks so much!! :)

Caley