Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color should we paint our exterior brick??

Posted by dstal (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 11 at 23:36

We just bought this house as a foreclosure and are desparate for suggestions!!

The white vinyl needs to stay. Need a color for the brick, shutters, front door, and garage door.

Open to ANY suggestions for curb appeal. Should we also paint the surrounding brick flower beds?

Thank you!!!

Exterior pictures are at the bottom
https://picasaweb.google.com/118024503678572515030/LongCrescent?authkey=Gv1sRgCPb2rYzP1rvU5QE#

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color should we paint our exterior brick??

Paint brick. why?

o

You know they make paint for vinyl siding, right?

There are very, very few circumstances where painting brick is a good idea. This is not one of them.

o

Painting the siding a darker taupe (no pink undertones) would look good with your existing brick. It is a more contemporary look and may look better without shutters.

o

"We just bought this house as a foreclosure and are desparate for suggestions!!"

My suggestion is to live with the house for a while before making extensive, expensive, and/or permanent/semipermanent changes.

o

To me, shutters look dumb when they can't possibly cover the windows that they flank. Painting brick will be turning a low- maintenance exterior surface into a relatively high high-maintenance surface. That is not what I would be wishing for on my house.

Apart than the shutters, it is nice-looking house from the street. I would not mess with it for a while. The interior shots make it look like some nice spaces too. If I owned it, I would be jumping around like your girls are.

o

The house looks great! Please don't paint the brick. If you want to paint something, paint the siding.

o

I agree with lynxe. Don't do anything with the exterior for now.

o

I would take the stupid shutters off and leave well enough alone, you have enough yard work to keep you busy for a year or two. DO NOT paint the brick!!!!!

o

Wow, consensus on the main question in a post! That is remarkable. It is so ironic that the OP has disappeared.

o

I also agree with lynxe. But I would like the natural brick better.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toronto Bathroom Renovations

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here