Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eddie Bauer Flax walls, white trim. What color ceiling?

Posted by nutsaboutplants (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 23:29

Urgent request. Please help. I've chosen Eddie Bauer Flax paint for the walls (very neutral, sandy taupe). The trim will be high gloss, but not sure if I should go with pure white or a creamy off white. In our current home, the ceilings are the same color as the walls, but I want white or light ceilings in the new house. So Should I have ceilings painted the same color as the trim? Ay thoughts? The ceilings are 12' and 13' high and there is sufficient natural light.

Please help. I need to confirm the paint color form the painter by tomorrow. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eddie Bauer Flax walls, white trim. What color ceiling?

flat white ceilings and semi gloss for trim(IMO)

o

Thanks Christopher. The house is being painted as we speak. Flax on all walls, flat except for kitchen and closets. Kitchen and closets will be Flax in satin. High gloss pure white for the trims, crown, etc. I learnt that SW pure white, comtrary to its name, has a tint of Raw Amber, which is SW's brown. The ceilings will be 75% Flax and 25% white. Thanks for the feedback.

o

Thanks Christopher. The house is being painted as we speak. Flax on all walls, flat except for kitchen and closets. Kitchen and closets will be Flax in satin. High gloss pure white for the trims, crown, etc. I learnt that SW pure white, comtrary to its name, has a tint of Raw Amber, which is SW's brown. The ceilings will be 75% Flax and 25% white. Thanks for the feedback.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here